Crane Operator Shipping Plant
Responsible for loading and unloading material from trucks and machines using overhead crane, locating and staging material for shipment and processing, following all safety guidelines and any other tasks as assigned by the plant manager.
Plant Manager, Production Supervisors
Relashionship to others
Work continuously with team members, contract carriers and other Charter Steel personnel.
- Locate, inspect, measure and verify outbound material;
- Complete all shipping and receiving paperwork.
- Must be able to identify conforming/nonconforming product, follow the procedure for reporting nonconforming product and communicate to Plant Manager or other personnel as needed.
- Locate and stage coils for processing on machines
- Annually be trained and qualified in the use of crane
- Service machines as needed to avoid downtime or crane delay; Service to include but not be limited to stocking coils, tending to scrap, scaling and labeling material with correct weight, etc.
- Perform and aid in general facility maintenance of work area including safe arrangement of stock.
- Establish and maintain good communications with the Plant Manager, contract carriers and any other Charter Steel personnel necessary.
- Attend all on-site meetings for safety, training, etc.
- Advise plant manager and supervisors of any process problems.
- Conduct all activities in an honest and ethical manner and within the guidelines of company policies, procedures and practices.
- Use crane to locate and pull out skids of sheets with crane and sheet lifter.
- Remove tags and do paperwork required for shipping material
- Load skids onto trucks and position them correctly onto the truck bed. Unhook sheet lifter from material on truck. Position ramp on back of truck.
- Locate repack or retag orders. Split material on skids as required and repackage skids.
- When required move skids of material from production area into the finish goods area.
- On rear load trucks use fork lift to load material on truck. When required chock loads.
- Do crane and fork lift inspection as required. Keep area clean. Help packaging when required
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or plant manager
Experience / Education Requirements
A high school education, GED or equivalent experience or training is preferred. Suitable employees may receive on-the-job training in lieu of these requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle and feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a manufacturing environment. Some on site/factory work or inspection may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level at a site may require hearing protection. The position may have conditions that are hazardous and safety procedures must be followed.
Language / Math skill
Ability to read and write in English or Spanish. Ability to speak effectively with other employees in the organization. Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
Over the many years that we have been members, LBRA has helped us by making us aware of local grants and assisting us through the application process, providing opportunities for employee training, and gaining access to job fairs and local resident who are seeking employment. We have also enjoyed the networking opportunities that have been provided. This has helped us establish relationships with neighboring businesses, community organizations and local leaders.George Gatto
Gatto Industrial Platers